Tuesday, August 23, 2011

plum good luck


After moving in, I discovered this tree in my backyard. A bit of luck since I arrived too late to plant anything for this season.




The plums are not especially sweet, so I'm still figuring out future recipes to try but they worked well in a plum galette, using the recipe I linked before that was written for plums but I had used for peaches. It was perfect to serve for Wine Wednesdays, a tradition started when I lived in DC and now continued with one of the original members also having just moved to the Bay as well.

What other plum recipes should I try?

[Poor kitchen lighting]

Original recipe from Honest Fare.


2 comments:

Victoria said...

I made a really wonderful Plum Kuchen a few years ago. I can't find the recipe I used, but this one looks similar. Here's the link:
http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/07/plum-kuchen/

percentblog said...

Looks delicious! I love the Smitten Kitchen, the recipes are all so tempting!