Tuesday, August 30, 2011

treasure island



Saturday morning Partner-in-Crime and I woke early for a treasure hunt. An actual treasure hunt as we headed to Treasure Island for the TI Flea Market. We arrived around 10am, and the island and bay were still foggy, which created a haunting view of San Francisco. The flea was a great mix of vintage house goods, knicknacks, clothes, and furniture. More of the sellers, especially for larger pieces, were on the 'carefully selected' side than the 'jumble sale' side that can be much cheaper, but prices were typically reasonable if beyond my personal budget. We didn't find the larger pieces of furniture I was hoping for, but found a few items to bring home-- a natural wood planter with succulents for the living room and vintage leather backpack for me. I'll definitely go back in the future, and will be purchasing some of the incredible African beads that were priced lower than I usually find. By the end of the morning, the fog had lifted and we celebrated with a trip to the Berkeley Farmers Market and ice cream from iscream.




















2 comments:

blue roses said...

obviously, i am obsessed with the rows and rows of bakelite......

(and the ice cream)

percentblog said...

I took that picture just for you, dear!