Saturday, February 18, 2012

Loop Necklace- February Challenge Day 18

[Loop Necklace]

It happened. I ran out of 'tigertail,' the wire I use to string necklaces. Eeeek! I walked over to my local bead shop but they are out so I'll have to be creative for a few days until I can get some new wire. Today's necklace used quite a bit of it.

One side is yellow and teal African trade beads. The other side has some amazing chunky glass beads in brown, light blue, navy blue and yellow, then four strands of light blue seed beads. I love the looped effect and definitely want to play with similar styles in the future.


A Necklace A Day will continue all of February. See all the daily necklaces here. I'm joined in this challenge by a fellow East Bay Arts Collective member, Gwen of Gwen Harlow Design who will be crafting and blogging as well.

1 comment:

Eli said...

Oooh this is pretty! I have a silly question for you, but your agate piece from a few posts below, did you drill the hole yourself? I have a few small slabs with no holes and I'm no expert and trying to figure out how to do it!