Thursday, February 10, 2011

ultimate super bowl cookies

As you may have been aware, there was a very important football game on Sunday. I'm not much of a football girl (but just try following my Twitter feed in March) but am not one to turn down social events that call for arriving with freshly made treats. Earlier in the week I found a recipe for Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. Perfect.

I'm not great at following recipes, but tried to replicate this one according to the directions. Of course, I couldn't find the vanilla when I needed to (I know it's around here somewhere) so a quick search on the interwebs suggested using vanilla flavored liquor. Luckily my roommate has vanilla vodka so one tablespoon of booze went into the cookies. Starting out the dough looked really dry, I even added some water midway through rolling the cookies. Next time I would definitely consider adding a tablespoon or two of milk. Only major change I would make to the recipe.


[Cookie dough. With mini chocolate chips.]


[Key ingredient]


[Assembling the cookies]

The cookies were scarfed down too fast for me to remember to take a photo, so drool over this images from Picky Palate:

[Yum]


Now go make these cookies. But have lots of friends to share them with because you won't want to eat more than one in a night.

2 comments:

Blue Elephant said...

These were sooooo good!

blue roses said...

ummm, these look AMAZING.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/