Monday, August 16, 2010

a long hiatus ends

After weeks of not posting due to work travel and moving to a new place, I am back! Work took me to an incredible city for an architecture/art junkie like me. An incredible city to stroll and due to the location of the training and where I stayed, I also got to visit some less tourist-traveled areas of the city.

[Chicago metro map]




[Closeup of the car park/ apartment tower]




[Frank Gehry's Jay Pritzker Pavilion bandshell in Millennium Park]


[Anish Kapoor's Cloud Gate, also known locally as 'The Bean"]



[Navy Pier]


I also got to spend a bit of time in the massive (and confusing maze of the) Chicago Art Institute.

[An early Jackson Pollack, The Key]


[Edward Hopper's Nighthawks is one of the popular pieces in the museum.]


[Toy by John Chamberlain]


[detail of Cireassian Calvary Awaiting their Commanding Officer by Alberto Pisini]


[detail of Albino by Marlene Dumas]

1 comment:

H to the izzo said...

Great photos, especially like the art ones (of course!). That car park thing looks scary--they are right up to the edge! ack!