Sunday, April 11, 2010

a new springtime favorite

I spent about $20 on all the initial goods. Huge bag of sushi rice that will last all year, seaweed wraps, rice vinegar (went ahead and got the 'sushi' kind with sugar mixed in,) pickled ginger (YUM!) and already had the soy sauce. Didn't feel like spending money on wasabi but may pick it up for the next round.

So simple to make. I believe I boiled 1.5 cups of dry rice and had just a little left over for 4 rolls. I had cut up a whole avocado, cucumber and carrot and also had about 6 stalks of asparagus, which was way more veggies than needed. I basically followed directions on the rice to cook the rice and the directions on the wraps to make the sushi. I don't have a bamboo mat to help with the rolling, but it really wasn't an issue.

I don't know if I'll get brave enough to make sushi with raw fish. I think I'll leave that to the experts!

Wrapped up and ready to take to lunch the next day! Still tasted great after a night in the fridge, but don't cut into pieces until you are going to eat.

No comments: