Friday, June 11, 2010

puerto rico: flora and fauna

[Unknown flowers]



[Horses]
All over Vieques there were semi-wild horses.
Their owners would ride them when they needed them, but otherwise they would roam free.


[Sting ray]
We watched a fisherman catch this sting ray. Typically sting ray is eaten in Puerto Rico, but he let this one free.


[Conch]
Conch is also a specialty, though I wasn't a big fan the one time I tried it. I did bring an empty conch shell I found on the beach to my little sister for a graduation present.


[Hermit crab]


[Crab claw]
What amazing colors!

[Crab]
Chegui chased this crab so I could get a good picture. It mostly just looks really goofy.


[Shell]
Somehow the colors of everything in Puerto Rico were more amazing than we have here.


[Chickens]
These chickens lived near our guesthouse and like the horses just kind of wandered around.


[Sculpted palm tree in San Juan.]

No comments: