Wednesday, October 3, 2012

furnishly your home

[Furnishly homescreen for Chicago]

Last week a good friend was in town for the 3% Conference (which sounded positively wonderful) and  I got to spend some time catching up on the news of her new job. Diana recently moved to Chicago to be the Marketing head of Furnishly. She describes Furnishly as "Ebay meets Craigslist meets Pintrest." According to Furnishly, their mission is "to create the first ever digital consumer marketplace dedicated to the sale of local furnishings for your home or office." I poked around on the San Francisco Furnishly page and here a few of my favorites*.



Furnishly is a place where individuals and stores can list furniture, both new and quality secondhand/ vintage. The photo-filled layout makes it easy to browse quickly by furniture type or you can visit the page of your favorite local furniture shop. Sadly, the biggest market currently is Chicago, but for the 33 other cities on the site, Furnishly curates your Craigslist experience for you. I love shopping locally and secondhand, so Furnishly is a great resource for me. Plus, I can definitely see myself selling items there next time I'm moving.

*I didn't link to these because they are probably sold but since Furnishly pulls from Craiglist in cities other than Chicago, there are constantly new items at a range of prices. And if you are in Chicago, you have all sorts of options! 

2 comments:

Diana said...

Woot! Thanks for writing on Furnishly, lady!

xo

Diana

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hadn't heard of Furnishly, but I'll definitely check it out! Digging through Craigslist is so tedious.