Monday, May 7, 2012

urban air market

Yesterday was the type of beautiful, sunny day that my friends on the East Coast think occurs daily in California, but that rarely actually happens in the Bay Area. Despite two evenings in a row celebrating my quarter century birthday, I woke early and spent the morning in my studio making jewelry. After breakfast and playing with Gracie in the park, Partner-in-Crime and I headed to the Urban Air Market, a biannual event featuring (mostly) local artisans.


Some favorites were (clockwise from bottom left:)
1. Embroidered leather goods by Rebecca Sako 
2. Slipcast ceramic "eggs"by jfish designs
3. Pottery with hand drawn designs by Catherine Reece
4. Urban Air Market, Patricia's Green, Hayes Valley

Urban Air was hosted in one of my favorite parts of the city, Hayes Valley, in an adorable park and along several side streets. After browsing, Partner-in-Crime and I wandered the area and made it over to the Lower Haight to watch the Giants game at Toronado over a beer. (I had the Bockor Jacobins Rouge, a delicious dark sour beer.) In my 24th year, I took a leap moving out to California, and this weekend has only affirmed it was worth the risk.

2 comments:

frockandrollonline.com said...

Wow, this sounds awesome! What a fun idea! :)

percentblog said...

Email is kat.percentblog (at) gmail (dot) com, fyi! Just added it to the front page!