Thursday, April 7, 2011

fashion week uncorked recap

My first set of Richmond Fashion Week photos are up on GayRVA.com! I'm very excited to be sharing my photos on such a great website and the coverage of Fashion Week was even part of their weekly email. (I'm kind of a big deal.) I've posted just a few below but please check out lots more great looks on GayRVA!

The event was held The Wine Loft, a venue I had been to only once before since I rarely venture out to Short Pump (particularly for drinking occasions. Safety first!) Local jewelry designer Chelsea Nicolas of Stitch and Knot joined eco-friendly designer Kelley Farlow of Lo.K'elle Collective and Schwarzchild Jewelers came together in a jewelry-focused fashion display.

[Currently local designer Chelsea Nicolas]

I got the chance to sit down with Chelsea briefly before the show began. I actually asked to snap a photo of her outfit before I even knew she was a featured designer. Isn't she adorable? A native of Raleigh she went to school at Savannah College of Art and Design. She studied Fibers there, but has put combined her fibers expertise with a concentration in jewelry. Chelsea is a temporary resident of Richmond and lives in Shockoe Bottom, which she feels gets an undeserved bad rap, in a converted Civil War warehouse. You can shop Stitch and Knot here on Etsy.


[Model wearing Chelsea Nicolas]


[Model wearing Lo.K'elle Collective]

Like my own jewelry, Kelley Farlow makes each piece individually. Lo.Kelle Collective is an "eco-friendly company that offers elegantly hand-crafted jewelry and other accessories" with materials sources from thrift stores. The bracelet seen on this model was on of my favorites shown on Tuesday and you can shop online at lokelleco.com.

[Model wearing Schwarzchild Jewelers]

Schwarzchild Jewelers rounded out the night with three models. Their fine jewelry was often smaller, so the images don't show up as well but I loved the ring this model is wearing. Shop online or at several Richmond locations.

See more from all three designers and images of the party at The Wine Loft on GayRVA.com.

No comments: