Wednesday, July 29, 2009

yellow watermelon


I guess I'm still balancing blogging with everything else. I'm finding myself thinking of blog posts but having all these barriers to actually blogging... my camera's not working properly, or I need more time to write, or I'll write that piece later. So I'm trying to just make myself BLOG dammit. (Is that the way dammit is really spelled? So says spellcheck...)

Tonight my housemates who made dinner picked up something I hadn't seen before- yellow watermelon. It tasted just like red watermelon, as far as I could tell. It was so juicy, but now is a good time for watermelon so I don't know if yellow watermelon is better than red or this was just a good melon. I ate so many servings of fruit with about 4 peices of melon (my friend who was doing the dishes insisted I help finish it off) plus a big fruit salad at lunch with strawberries, blueberries, red apple and really really really good honeydew. The kiwis that were also mixed in I gave to my boss because somehow I've never gotten into kiwis.

Tomorrow I'm really excited for the meal I'm making. Gazpacho, green beans and a salad with chickpeas and pasta! I'll definitely try to document it for y'all.

No comments: